Monash Lung and Sleep GP Update Program
21st Feb 2017
Disease Management Pathways
- Problem Cases of Airway Disease
- Prof Philip Bardin, Director MLAS
- Investigating Lung Nodules
- Dr Barton Jennings, Head Lung Oncology
- Sandra Nicholls, Sara McLaughlin-Barrett Lung Oncology CNC
- Who Needs a Sleep Study
- A/Prof Darren Mansfield, Director Monash Sleep Centre
- Questions and Answers
Denis Burke Memorial Lecture
- Managing Anxiety in Chronic Lung Disease
- Prof Kay Wilhelm, St Vincent’s Hospital
4 Category 2 RACGP QI & CPD points apply
Lecture Theatre 3
6.00pm -6.45 pm
Monash Lung and Sleep Institute
Monash Lung and Sleep GP Update 2016
The 2016 annual GP update was held at Monash Health on Tuesday 21/06/2016. Attendees enjoyed a varied panel of topics including: allergy, lung function assessment, sleep medicine and oxygen therapy.
General practitioners from around Melbourne attended the 7th annual respiratory update held at Monash Medical Centre in Clayton.
The evening kicked off with a trade display and information session and was accompanied by a wonderful dinner provided by the Zouki Cafe.
- The second annual Dennis Burke memorial lecture was given by Prof Christine McDonald, who presented a review of oxygen therapy in the treatment of COPD.
- A/Prof Garun Hamilton provided an insight into recent developments in the diagnosis and management of sleep disordered breathing.
- Dr Chris Daley provided an overview of the use of lung function tests.
- Dr Sarah Barnes gave an in depth review of allergy and available treatments.
All the presentations are available for review by selecting the link provided below.
Simply enter the coupon mlsiamc and your email address to get access.
The next GP update will be held on February 21st 2017 at Monash Medical Centre. This meeting will focus on the patient journey through the various Monash Health clinics and facilities and aims to assist GP's in the management of clients with lung disease.